Home | Contact Us | Staff | Feedback | Submissions | Travel Conditions | Video
An image.
“It’s all a lot of baloney. It’s all unfounded.”<br /><br /><!-- 1upcrlf2 -->~Carroll County Supervisor <br /><br /><!-- 1upcrlf2 -->Gene Meiners
“It’s all a lot of baloney. It’s all unfounded.”

~Carroll County Supervisor

Gene Meiners
A juvenile detention center in Cherokee supported by Carroll County is on probation for a month because it kept a 17-year-old boy in leg restraints for nearly 48 hours and locked up in solitary confinement for nearly a week.
  • Audubon mayor retiring after 22 years
    The City of Audubon is about to see the end of an era in its local government as longtime mayor Clark “Sam” Kauffman — who turned 80 today — is stepping down and will not be seeking re-election on Election Day.
  • It’s been a busy summer for road construction in Carroll County. The Willey and Roselle paving projects that were started last year were completed this summer. Most of the projects through the rest of the summer were resurfacing of roads throughout the county.
  • The Carroll County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved an additional $1.51 million in spending for fiscal year 2016 after its budget-amendment hearing on Monday. Almost $1.3 million was allocated to cover secondary roads improvement costs.
  • The Carroll County Board of Supervisors continued to evaluate multiple funding requests for fiscal year 2017 from nonprofit organizations at its regular meeting on Monday.
  • Carroll zoning: Solar wide open, wind energy restricted
    Wind-energy installations would be banned from all residential areas in Carroll while the opportunities for solar power would be more wide open throughout the city under a revised zoning code before the City Council.
  • Does council need wards, odd number of seats?
    Councilwoman Carolyn Siemann cut to the chase.
  • Coon Rapids voters re-elected Mayor Jeffrey Anthofer Tuesday, giving the incumbent 113 votes to challenger David A. Muhr’s 49.
  • An Audubon city councilman who stands in constant judgment of his critics and others in town he deems undesirable has, himself, been judged.
  • Boes, Siemann, Vonnahme elected
    Carroll voters turned out in much higher numbers than recent local elections to send political newcomers Brandon Vonnahme and Misty Boes to four-year City Council terms with commanding margins — and to re-elect veteran Councilwoman Carolyn Siemann in a close contest.
  • All registered voters in the City of Carroll could cast ballots for all council candidates under a plan that would remove ward boundaries and reduce the number of council members from six to five beginning with the 2017 election.
  • Supervisors contribute to ballpark updates
    The Carroll County Board of Supervisors agreed on Monday to contribute $2,500 to the Merchants Park Redevelopment Project on the contingency that a $150,000 Community Attraction and Tourism Grant application is approved by the state.
  • The city inked the first contract in 2004. Today, the Corridor of Commerce, a massive, staged facelift to Carroll’s central business district’s public infrastructure started more than a decade ago under former Mayor Ed Smith, has an end date: Phase 11 is scheduled for 2020 completion.
  • Carroll City Council members have approved a temporary ice-skating rink for Rolling Hills Park.
  • The Carroll County Board of Supervisors approved the use of federal and state funding on Monday to help offset the cost of replacing a bridge and constructing two box culverts. The county will be reimbursed 80 percent of each project with federal Bridge Replacement Off-Funds, and the remaining 20 percent will be paid with Farm-to-Market funds received from the state. 
search sponsored by

  • E-Edition
  • Subscription
  • Buy Prints
  • Submit
  • Historical Archive
  • Video


Reader Poll

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said the United States should ban Muslims from entering the United States until the until the nation’s leaders can “figure out what is going on.” Is Donald Trump right on this?


Home | Contact Us | News | Sports | Opinion | Obits | Calendar | Classifieds | Advertiser | Privacy Policy
Content © 2016 Daily Times Herald
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved