Undercover drug buys lead to Wall Lake arrests
March 6, 2013
Sac County law officers used a confidential informant to buy marijuana from two Wall Lake men to obtain a search warrant that led to their arrests last week for selling drugs, according to court documents.
Sheriff's deputies and Lake View police officers searched the house at 304 Summit St. - where Bryson M. Kramer, 20, and Tyler L. Lawler, 19, lived - on Thursday and found:
- Two plastic bags of marijuana in a safe in an upstairs bedroom. Sheriff Ken McClure has declined to reveal how much of the drug the bags contained.
- $300 cash.
- A pistol in an upstairs bedroom and a rifle in the trunk of a vehicle parked at the house.
- A scale used to measure small amounts of marijuana.
- Several glass and metal pipes and bongs used to smoke marijuana and methamphetamine.
- Small, handheld grinders that are most commonly used to make marijuana cigarettes, or "joints."
- A cooler that contained several bottles of prescription drugs that did not bear the men's names.
Kramer and Lawler were charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana, a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.
Samantha E. Hamilton, 20, of Wall Lake, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after deputies found the drug in a purse in her vehicle parked at the house. The rifle was not in her vehicle.
Eric M. Fischer, 26, of Carnarvon, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
Court records show that Kramer was arrested for possession of marijuana and OWI in June 2012 after he allegedly drove while high on marijuana. He received a deferred judgment for the charges and a year of probation, and Sac County Attorney Ben Smith requested on Tuesday that a judge revoke the deferred judgments.
The confidential informant whose undercover work was used to obtain the search warrant for the Wall Lake house bought marijuana at the house three times in February, court records show.
Content © 2016 Daily Times Herald
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software,
All Rights Reserved