Congressman Ro Khanna, who represents Silicon Valley, campaigned Friday, June 14 in Carroll, Iowa for Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. Khanna has been a leader in extending digital job growth from the coasts to rural reaches of the nation. He’s been involved with such projects in the Carroll area. The event, at the home of Ann Wilson of Carroll, who is neutral in the presidential election, drew Sanders supporters and economic development leaders from western and central Iowa.
'TALKING BOOKS': Pupils of Mrs. Nick Schwarzenbach's sixth grade at Carroll Community School presented a skit, "The Talking Books," to the other grades this week, in observance of National Children's Book Week and to emphasize the theme, "Books are friends and should be treated as such." Par…
Daily updates from the Carroll Police Department.
- Furious with teacher’s use of N-word, 200 Denison students walk out of school
- Carroll surgeon arrested for driving drunk through yard, fleeing from officer
- Surgeon arrested for drunken mischief is suspended
- Teacher suspended for using N-word in class
- Store clerk accused of taking lottery tickets
- Carroll’s first female police officer saluted for exceptional career
- Carroll Schools leaders approve two-year early retirement plan
- ‘Substantial’ meth dealer sentenced to 10 years
- Gene Wiese
- Rickey Olerich