The Carroll County Board of Supervisors met in regular session Monday. The following items were on the agenda:
1. Secondary Roads
— Approved contract and bond with Midwest Contracting LLC for a box culvert near Sycamore Avenue, $164,082.
— Approved contract and bond with Peterson Contractors Inc. for a box culvert near Velvet Avenue, $67,570.
— Approved DOT agreement for project for a slab bridge northeast of Templeton on 280th Street $400,000.
2. We approved payables for $582,893.55.
3. Drainage assessments were discussed. The following will have an increase for projects completed or future projects in those drainage districts:
DR011, Glidden, 20%; D1528, Glidden, 10%; DR045, Jasper, 220%; DR049, Sheridan, 120%; DR051, Glidden, 60%; DR090, Richland, 5%; DR102A Drain 102, Section 1, 4%; DR106, Glidden, 3%; and D8812 D88, South Main, 1%.
4. We approved a fireworks permit for Ron Juergens at 22224 220th St., Carroll.
5. The board reviewed eight different proposals for HVHC/boiler/air control systems within the courthouse. The top five are: SEH (Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc.), Stone Group, RDG, Shive-Hattery and Studio Melee.
Carroll County will be receiving roughly $3.9 million from the American Rescue Plan. The board would like to update some of the systems throughout the courthouse and feels this money will be well used for this project if estimates come within our budget. Our boiler system has not been replaced since the courthouse was built, parts are hard to get and the system is antiquated. The American Rescue Plan has several stipulations on where the money can be used. We will have interviews with each listed engineering company before we move forward.
6. Our deepest condolences to Darrell Baker’s family and friends. We are saddened at the loss of a county employee and will be missed by many. Baker, Carroll County Ambulance director, passed away on June 3 at age 61. The board appointed Wendy Baker as the interim director. They’re big shoes to fill, but we feel Wendy will do a fantastic job as we move forward and take the appropriate steps in searching for an ambulance director.
7. The final item on the agenda: the Board of Supervisors took a courthouse tour.
Feel free to reach out to any of the supervisors with any questions.